Focusing on the roles and responsibilities of the Communications Unit Leader (COML) during all phases of the response effort, ICS-358 is designed to enhance and exercise the student’s knowledge of NIMS and ICS as it pertains to communications throughout the planning process and supporting an Incident Action Plan. The course emphasizes the needed interactions between all positions in the logistics section as well as interactions with the entire Incident Management Team and with external entities. This course is an instructor-led training that supports learning through discussion, lecture, and active participation in multiple exercises that provides a realistic, hands-on approach to mastering the skills required of a COML.
Specific Course Topics
- Communications Overview and Unit Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishing the Communications Unit and getting organized
- Establishing communications systems and services
- Logistic Section Interactions and Communication
- IMT Interactions and support
- External Interactions and Information
- Planning Process Responsibilities and Forms
- Other activities managed or supported by the Unit
Responders with a background in communications and the management of various communications systems who will be performing this role on an Incident Management Team.
Duration: One day (8 hours)
- EMI 0969
- FEMA E/L969
- NWCG S-358
- USCG ICS-358