This course helps participants establish the essential core competencies required for performing the duties of the Communications Unit Leader (COML) in an all-hazards incident. This course addresses all responsibilities appropriate to a COML operating in a local-or state-level All-Hazards Incident Management Team (AHIMT). These responsibilities include the collection, processing, and dissemination as needed to facilitate Operations of Command, General Staff, and Unit Leaders within the confines of a Type 3 AHIMT.
This course is an instructor-led training that supports learning through discussion, lecture, and active participation in multiple exercises that provides a realistic, scenario-driven approach to mastering the skills required of a COML.
- Incident Command System
- Multi-Hazard Mitigation Planning
- Response and Recovery
- Universal Emergency Preparedness
- FEMA Logistics
- FEMA Employee Training
NIMS ICS All-Hazards training should be completed by personnel who are regularly assigned to Functional, Support, or Unit Leader positions on Type 3 or 4 AHIMTs, or by those persons who desire to seek credentials/certification in those positions.
Duration: Three days (24 hours)
- E/G0300, ICS-300: Intermediate Incident Command System for Expanding Incidents;
- IS-0100.b, Introduction to the Incident Command System, ICS-100;
- IS-0200.b, Incident Command System for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents;
- IS-0700.a, National Incident Management System, An Introduction; and
- IS-0800.b, National Response Framework, An Introduction
- E/G0400, ICS-400: Advanced Incident Command System for Command and General Staff—Complex Incidents
- NIMS ICS All-Hazards Communications Unit Leader Training Manual
- Scenario handouts
- EMSI All Hazards Communications Unit Leader (COML) Job Aid (optional)
- CEUs: 2.1
- ACE: Level: Lower Division/Associate
- ACE: Credit Hours: 2
- ACE: Curriculum: Emergency Management or Public Administration