The Finance/Administration Unit Leader (FAUL) course will help participants establish the essential core competencies required for performing the duties of the Finance/Administration Unit Leader in an all-hazards incident. The course is designed to enable participants to perform as any of the four FAULs (Time Unit Leader, Procurement Unit Leader, Compensation and Claims Unit Leader, Cost Unit Leader). Participants will learn information that is applicable across all four positions, such as Unit setup and management, information gathering, and interactions.
This course is an instructor-led training that supports learning through discussion, lecture, and active participation in multiple exercises that provides a realistic, scenario-driven approach to mastering the skills required of a FAUL. Complex experiential exercises and discussions will afford participants the opportunity to act as each Unit Leader while connecting all information learned back to real-world application.
- Incident Command System
- Public Assistance–State
- FEMA Financial Management
- FEMA Employee Training
NIMS ICS All-Hazards training should be completed by personnel who are regularly assigned to Functional, Support, or Unit Leader positions on Type 3 or 4 AHIMTs, or by those persons who desire to seek credentials/certification in those positions.
Duration: Three days (24 hours)
- E/G0300, ICS-300: Intermediate Incident Command System for Expanding Incidents;
- IS-0100.b, Introduction to the Incident Command System, ICS-100;
- IS-0200.b, Incident Command System for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents;
- IS-0700.a, National Incident Management System, An Introduction; and
- IS-0800.b, National Response Framework, An Introduction
- E/G/L0400, ICS-400: Advanced Incident Command System for Command and General Staff—Complex Incidents
- NIMS ICS All-Hazards Finance/Admin Unit Leader Training Manual
- Scenario handouts
- EMSI All Hazards Finance/Admin Section Chief (FSC) Job Aid (optional)
- CEUs: 2.1
- ACE: Level: Lower Division/Associate
- ACE: Credit Hours: 2
ACE: Curriculum: Emergency Management or Public Administration