The course will provide local- and state- level emergency responders with a robust understanding of the duties, responsibilities, and capabilities of an effective Division/Group Supervisor on an All-Hazards Incident Management Team (AHIMT). The course walks participants through general information, including an overview of the Operations Section and information on incident mobilization, initial situational awareness, and unit management. It also provides detailed instruction on responding to the incident and the command needs of the incident, and emphasizes the importance of risk management and safety considerations.
This course is an instructor-led training that supports learning through discussion, lecture, and active participation in multiple exercises that provides a realistic, scenario-driven approach to mastering the skills required of a Supervisor.
- Incident Command System
- Response and Recovery
- FEMA Operations–Federal
- FEMA Operations-Other Federal Agencies
- FEMA Employee Training
NIMS ICS All-Hazards training should be completed by personnel who are regularly assigned to Functional, Support, or Unit Leader positions on Type 3 or 4 AHIMTs, or by those persons who desire to seek credentials/certification in those positions.
Duration: Three days (24 hours)
- E/G0300, ICS-300: Intermediate Incident Command System for Expanding Incidents;
- IS-0100.b, Introduction to the Incident Command System, ICS-100;
- IS-0200.b, Incident Command System for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents;
- IS-0700.a, National Incident Management System, An Introduction; and
- IS-0800.b, National Response Framework, An Introduction
- E/G0400, ICS-400: Advanced Incident Command System for Command and General Staff—Complex Incidents
- NIMS ICS All-Hazards Division/Group Supervisor Training Manual
- Scenario handouts
- EMSI All Hazards Division/Group Supervisor (DIVS) Job Aid (optional)
- CEUs: 2.1
- ACE: Level: Lower Division/Associate
- ACE: Credit Hours: 2
- ACE: Curriculum: Emergency Management or Public Administration