The course will provide local- and state-level emergency responders with a robust understanding of the duties, responsibilities, and capabilities of an effective Task Force/Strike Team Leader on an All-Hazards Incident Management Team (
This course is an instructor-led training that supports learning through discussion, lecture, and active participation in multiple exercises that provides a realistic, scenario-driven approach to mastering the skills required of a TFL/STL. Complex experiential exercises and discussions will afford participants the opportunity to act as a Unit Leader while connecting all information learned back to real-world application.
NIMS ICS All-Hazards training should be completed by personnel who are regularly assigned to Functional, Support, or Unit Leader positions on Type 3 or 4 AHIMTs, or by those persons who desire to seek credentials/certification in those positions.
Demonstrate, through exercises and a final exam, the capability to perform the duties and responsibilities of an effective Task Force/Strike Team Leader.
3 Days (21 Hours)
- 100: Incident Command System (ICS) An Introduction
- 200: ICS for Single Resource Initial Action Incidents
- 300: Intermediate Incident Command System for Expanding Incidents (ICS 300)
- 400: Advanced Incident Command System for Command and General Staff – Complex Incidents (ICS 400)
- IS 700: National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
- IS 800: National Response Framework (NRF)
- Recommended: O-305, Type 3 AHIMT Training course
- NIMS ICS All-Hazards Task Force/Strike Team Leader Training Manual
- Scenario Handouts
- CEUs: 2.1
- ACE: Level: Lower Division/Associate
- ACE: Credit Hours: 1
- ACE: Curriculum: Emergency Management