The course will provide local- and state-level emergency responders with a robust understanding of the duties, responsibilities, and capabilities of an effective Task Force/Strike Team Leader on an All-Hazards Incident Management Team (AHIMT). The course walks participants through general information, including an overview of the Operations Section and information on incident mobilization, initial situational awareness, and unit management. It also provides detailed instruction on responding to the incident and the command needs of the incident, as well as emphasizing the importance of risk management and safety considerations.
This course is an instructor-led training that supports learning through discussion, lecture, and active participation in multiple exercises that provides a realistic, scenario-driven approach to mastering the skills required of a TFL/STL. Complex experiential exercises and discussions will afford participants the opportunity to act as a Unit Leader while connecting all information learned back to real-world application.
NIMS ICS All-Hazards training should be completed by personnel who are regularly assigned to Functional, Support, or Unit Leader positions on Type 3 or 4 AHIMTs, or by those persons who desire to seek credentials/certification in those positions.
Demonstrate, through exercises and a final exam, the capability to perform the duties and responsibilities of an effective Task Force/Strike Team Leader.
3 Days (19 Hours)
- 100: Incident Command System (ICS) An Introduction
- 200: ICS for Single Resource Initial Action Incidents
- 300: Intermediate Incident Command System for Expanding Incidents (ICS 300)
- 400: Advanced Incident Command System for Command and General Staff – Complex Incidents (ICS 400)
- IS 700: National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
- IS 800: National Response Framework (NRF)
- Recommended: O-305, Type 3 AHIMT Training course
- NIMS ICS All-Hazards Task Force/Strike Team Leader Training Manual
- Scenario Handouts
- CEUs: 2.1
- ACE: Level: Lower Division/Associate
- ACE: Credit Hours: 1
- ACE: Curriculum: Emergency Management