With the World Health Organization’s recent report that over 125,000 individuals have been infected and over 4,600 have died from coronavirus, it appears that it’s definitely going to get worse before it gets better. Colleges, businesses, governments, and even Disney have started shutting down to minimize and mitigate the effects of this pandemic. The question is: Is your organization prepared?
Faced with a situation of enormous scale and human impact, communities continue to feel the increased impact of coronavirus (COVID-19). Having stood on the front lines across a myriad of responses, EMSI teams are ready to aid your organization in its prevention and response efforts. Our Incident Management Team (IMT) has decades of real-world response experience that can assist in managing your organization’s response.
Incident management teams can be used to great effect when outbreaks occur by the use of standardized trained teams capable of bringing order and process to the chaos of an incident. All-Hazards IMTs are designed to provide personnel that are extensively trained and organized to support emergency response and recovery efforts or planned event operations by providing the framework necessary to establish an incident/unified command under the National Incident Management System (NIMS). This team of experts can assist organizations in leading planning and response, providing regular and close communication with government and private sector partners.
EMSI is uniquely equipped to assemble an IMT to support your incident management needs, including management of the coronavirus response, with nearly every member of the EMSI cadre having served on Type 1 or 2 response’s IMT and many having served in leadership roles on Area Command Teams.
Leaning into the curve, EMSI personnel are already supporting the COVID-19 efforts of our clients, including support of the Department of Energy’s Emergency Operations Center. With a deep bench strength of Type 1 and Type 2 qualified incident management and ICS professionals, EMSI can provide:
- A full IMT including all Command & General Staff positions and supporting Unit Leaders
- A condensed IMT with all Command & General Staff positions and select supporting Unit Leaders
- Select components of an IMT, such as individually selected positions or complete General Staff Section (e.g., Planning Section)
- An Area Command Team
- Staffing and/or coaching on corporate crisis management teams and in Emergency Operations Centers (EOC)
- Staffing and/or coaching in local, state, or federal EOCs
- Monitoring the situation in real-time with updates from the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, U.S. Department of State, state Departments of Public Health and Human Services, and Local Health Departments.
- Nearly any other IMT requirement to support your organization
Our IMT response services are scalable, flexible, and modular to meet your incident management needs. In addition, EMSI’s IMT support can be made in person or remotely, depending on how we can best support your efforts.
This is a rapidly evolving situation and updates come infrequently. We encourage you all to monitor the WHO, CDC, Department of State, and other government entities. Here are a few links of interest:
- WHO COVID-19: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- CDC COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- CDC COVID-19 Situation Summary: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
- CDC COVID-19 Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- CDC Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html
- CDC COVID-19 Travel Information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- DOS COVID-19: https://www.state.gov/coronavirus/
EMSI will continue to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak as we work with our clients on their response efforts. Our goal is to support the needs of our clients, while responsibly implementing measures to control the COVID-19 outbreak.
As a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), EMSI maintains a GSA Schedule through which federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government agencies can access our wide range of services, including:
Contact us to find out how we can help your organization’s response needs.