Building upon ICS foundation courses, ICS-343 focuses on the responsibilities of the Plan Development/Support Unit Leader (PDUL/PSUL) assigned to the Planning Section of an Incident Management Team. It is designed to enhance and exercise the student’s knowledge of NIMS and ICS as it pertains to plan development and the planning process during the extended response operations using an Incident Action Plan and other supporting plans. The course additionally emphasizes the needed interactions between the various IMT members and the Plan Development Unit. This course is an instructor-led training that supports learning through discussion, lecture, and active participation in multiple exercises that provides a realistic, hands-on approach to mastering the skills required of a PDUL/PSUL.
Responders designated as Plan Development Unit Leaders or Planning Support Unit Leaders.
Specific Course Topics
- Plan Development Unit Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the Plan Development Unit and Services Provided
- Establishing the Plan Development Unit and getting organized
- Plan Development Unit Interactions and Communication
- Incorporating Contingency Plan information
- Interactions with other Incident Management Team Members
- Developing the Incident Action Plan (IAP)
- Developing Support Plans
Duration: One day (8 hours)
Successful completion of ICS-300