The course will help participants establish the essential core competencies required for performing the duties of the Facilities Unit Leader (FACL) in an all-hazards incident. The course walks participants through general information, including an overview of the Logistics Section and information on incident mobilization, initial situational awareness, and unit management. It also provides detailed instruction in setting up and maintaining incident facilities, including facilities infrastructure, services, layout, and security.
This course is an instructor-led training that supports learning through discussion, lecture, and active participation in multiple exercises that provides a realistic, scenario-driven approach to mastering the skills required of a FACL. Each unit contains a discussion-based exercise and there is a capstone tabletop exercise at the end of the course to give participants hands-on practice functioning as an FACL.
- Incident Command System
- Individual Assistance—State
- Multi-Hazard Mitigation Planning
- Response and Recovery
- FEMA Disaster Field Training Operations
- FEMA Logistics
- FEMA Employee Training
NIMS ICS All-Hazards training should be completed by personnel who are regularly assigned to Functional, Support, or Unit Leader positions on Type 3 or 4 AHIMTs, or by those persons who desire to seek credentials/certification in those positions.
Duration: Five days (30 hours)
- E/G0300, ICS-300: Intermediate Incident Command System for Expanding Incidents;
- IS-0100.b, Introduction to the Incident Command System, ICS-100;
- IS-0200.b, Incident Command System for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents;
- IS-0700.a, National Incident Management System, An Introduction; and
- IS-0800.b, National Response Framework, An Introduction
- E/G0400, ICS-400: Advanced Incident Command System for Command and General Staff—Complex Incidents
- NIMS ICS All-Hazards Facilities Unit Leader Training Manual
- Scenario handouts
- EMSI All Hazards Facilities Unit Leader (FACL) Job Aid (optional)
- CEUs: 3.5
- ACE: Level: Lower Division/Associate
- ACE: Credit Hours: 2
- ACE: Curriculum: Emergency Management or Public Administration